|This page is currently under construction.
Please help us expand this article by it.
Time traveling (also known as TT'ing) involves setting the 3DS clock or the in-game clock to a different time in order to take advantage of time-specific events in New Leaf. This practice is sometimes considered a form of cheating, as it speeds up processes such as public works projects and other construction.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- House expansions will be completed
- Public works projects and shop upgrades/new shops will be completed (construction takes between 1 and 5 days depending on the nature of the build.)
- Fast-forwarding or rewinding to a holiday or event like the Summer Solstice or New Year's Eve allows the player to play on days he/she might miss due to other obligations
- Shops will restock their items
Side effects[edit | edit source]
Before time traveling, there are several things to take into consideration. Time traveling can have very prominent unwanted effects in the game.
- If time traveling is done more than a day, flowers may wilt and die without someone to water them.
- Every day the player time travels forward, more weeds will grow.
- Time traveling forward multiple days in one go still only counts as one day for building project purposes.
- Villagers will move away faster.
- The player will get bed head.
- The mailbox will fill up.
- Cockroaches will appear in the player's house.
Note: Many of these effects, esp. those lower on the list, will only happen if long periods of time are skipped.
Tips[edit | edit source]
These are some tips for the player if he/she wants to time travel
- Any flowers that the player does not want to die should be kept inside his/her house or in a storage container like a closet.
- The Beautiful Town ordinance will lessen the effects of wilting flowers and weeds, as well as deter cockroaches.
- Any turnips in the player's possession will instantly rot upon time traveling backwards. The player can time travel forwards
- It is recommended to change the 3DS clock, rather than the in-game clock. If the in-game clock is changed it will be out of sync with the 3DS clock.